This is a weekly digest of news about investment and business development in Ukraine from the UkraineInvest team

The United States will transfer confiscated russian assets to Ukraine for the first time.
It is about $5.4 mln, which will be used to support and rehabilitate veterans.

The National Bank of Ukraine has published a new Economic Development Strategy for Ukraine.
The development of the Strategy was envisaged by the Memorandum of Economic and Financial Policies between Ukraine and the International Monetary Fund.
The Strategy defines the following priorities:
– restoration and development of the financial sector and ensuring its continuity;
– gradual phasing out of emergency prudential measures;
– diagnostics of bank assets;
– monitoring and resolving NPLs;
– creation of a comprehensive system of rehabilitation and withdrawal of insolvent participants from the market, introducing a system of early response to the problems of financial institutions.

Ukrainian pharmacovigilance platform DrugCard has attracted new investments.
Ukrainian medtech startup DrugCard has attracted new investments from New Nordic Ventures. The team plans to use the investment to scale up in the European market (priority areas are Spain and Portugal) and marketing activities. It is also planned to launch a new product that is already available in Ukraine – an adverse event database, a solution for processing, analyzing and reporting adverse events resulting from the use of medicines, biological products, vaccines, devices and combined products.

Processing companies will receive grants from the state for UAH 211 mln for business development – Ministry of Economy of Ukraine.
47 entrepreneurs working in the processing industry will receive grants from the state for UAH 211 mln for business development.

Ukrainian startup Pluspoint, which develops a tool for managing online brand reputation, has successfully raised an investment of USD 400,000.
The team plans to use 70% of the raised funding to expand its sales geography and the remaining 30% to develop the product.

The German company Bayer is investing EUR 60 mln to expand its facilities in the Zhytomyr region.
The investments will be used to build a new seed dryer, purchase modern agricultural equipment, and construct warehouses and bomb shelters for employees.

The Netherlands provides subsidies to companies ready to rebuild Ukraine.
The Ukraine Partnership Facility (UPF) program allows you to receive grants for a project in Ukraine in the amount of EUR 500 thousand euros to EUR 5 mln with reimbursement of up to 100% of total eligible costs. The UPF budget for 2023 is EUR 25 mln.

5 waste recycling clusters will be created in Zakarpattia with an investment of UAH 25 bln.
The Ministry of Environmental Protection and Natural Resources of Ukraine and Re:Waste experts are planning to set up 5 waste recycling facilities in Zakarpattia region. The cost of investment in them will be UAH 20-25 bln. Each cluster will include both sorting and processing facilities. Experts have calculated several possible models for their development. The investment cost of each of them ranges from UAH 4-5 bln.

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or YouTube.